The Friday Night Jazz ClubFriday, 8pm- 12am
Born in Virginia Beach, VA. 2Tru has been an aficionadoof music since he could walk. Growing up in the home of a Keyboardists Father, Soprano Mother, and Percussionist Brother, he was destined to walk the path of a musical contributor to society. Listening to the sounds of Marvin Gaye, Timothy Wright, James Brown, Billie Holiday and others became an energetic force he could not pull away from. In High School, where he became the drum major of the marching band, he first composed music for sections while choreographing dance routines. It was there he realized that he wanted to do this for the rest of his life.
An Alumnus of Morgan State University, Tru is dedicated to serving the community through the vehicle of music. He has been an on-air radio personality for seven years, a disc jockey for the past twelve years, and an event promoter for ten. He has shared the stage with artists such as Eric Roberson, PJ Morton, Bilal, Kindred, Raphael Saadiq, Maysa, and several other R&B/ Soul artists.
With listeners around the world, it is Tru’s commitment to continually provide great music in order for his supporters to “Keep it Soulful” each and every week on the Friday Night Jazz Club.
For more information on 2Tru please visit:
1. What is your favorite food? Fettucini Alfredo
2. Where did you grow up? Norfolk, VA
3. What do you like most about working in radio? I get to be a part of what influences peoples
listening pleasure, and I never take advantage of that. I rather plant seeds, and water some,
hoping for a beautiful garden of soul music lovers world wide.
4. What is your favorite book/books? The Journey of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton
5. Top five favorite artists of all time?
Earth Wind and Fire
Trans Siberian Orchestra
6. Favorite live performance attended? Trans Siberian Orchestra
7. Vinyl, CD, or MP3? MP3…I love Apple